The job holder will report into the Director, Compensation Programmes and will provide analytical reward support to the Compensation Leadership Team and to the business through the Reward Business Partners, ensuring Centrica’s reward arrangements continue to be competitive to attract and retain top talent, support our business strategy, reinforce our values, drive a high performance culture, are financially viable and comply with applicable laws and regulations.
The role will be based out of our Windsor office.
- Support the Director, Compensation Policies to develop reward policies, best practice guides and tools , which fit with our reward principles
- Review/approve Workday transactions in line with internal compensation processes and policies
- Maintain and refine Workday compensation eligibility rules and super matrix
- Support Compensation Analytics Manager to maintain global job catalogue, associated salary ranges/attributes and employee job profile matching
- Evaluate and benchmark new roles using Hay Job Evaluation methodology and the best fit market intelligence, following Centrica’s defined global process and guidelines
- Submit to selected market intelligence surveys within the required deadlines with error rate
- Keep up to date with market practices and share quarterly summaries and other market insights with Reward Business Partners and the Compensation Leadership Team
- Play a key role in the annual reward review by supporting the system implementation, being a key point of contact for HR and working closely with Centrica People services to ensure that payments are made accurately and on time
- Support Reward Business Partners during pay negotiations, ensuring they have the relevant data and insight at their fingertips to be able to provide thought leadership during the process and ensure any pay deal is affordable, fits within pre-agreed framework and generally meets the need of both the company and our people
- Implement collective pay deals on time, within budget and with minimum error rate
- Provide accurate, engaging and insightful reward analysis to support BAU processes and projects such as business re-organisations, M&A activities, etc
- Effectively manage the reward analytics inbox.
- Experience of working in a busy Reward Team
- Extensive knowledge of job evaluation and reward market intelligence providers and surveys
- Hay Job Evaluation Trained
- Experience of working with job families and salary structures
- Advanced IT skills (including MS Office Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access, SAP reporting and Workday) – must be able to write complex formulas using if statements, h/vlookups, etc and develop comprehensive Excel workbook analysis, using “what if scenarios”, pivot tables, graphs and macros
- Advanced numeracy and analytical skills and ability to work with large volume of data from multiple sources and to interpret and extract insight in a clear, simple and succinct manner
- Advanced communication and presentation skills and ability to convey complex issues succinctly and effectively to a variety of audiences
- Methodical approach to analysis and great attention to detail
- Excellent organisation skills and ability to manage conflicting priorities
- Ability to work under pressure, without impacting accuracy
- Ability to develop practical solutions within the overarching Centrica reward framework/strategy
- Strong intellectual rigour and an appetite for professional development
- Good commercial acumen and broad business understanding
- Ability to adapt to change
- Track record of building successful, collaborative relationships
- Strong team player and willing to support other team members when needed.
Competitive salary and benefits.
Centrica plc, a FTSE 100 company, has operations in UK, North America and Europe. With 30+ million customer-product relationships, Centrica's vision is to become the leading integrated supplier of energy and related services for its chosen markets and maximise value to shareholders. Centrica's brand names include British Gas, Direct Energy (North America). At Centrica, our purpose is to help people today and secure energy for tomorrow.
PLEASE APPLY ONLINE by hitting the 'Apply' button. Please upload your cover letter and CV as one document.
Applications will ONLY be accepted via the ‘Apply’ button.
To request an update on this role, or if you have any problems uploading your CV please email Chris.Powell@britishgas.co.uk typing ‘Update required: Compensation Analyst R9942846’ in the subject title.
Agencies: Centrica operate a preferred supplier arrangement, however if you wish to be considered at the next review session please submit a brief overview of your capability to PSL@centrica.com.