The Centrica FlexiShare Service (FlexiShare) is a ‘corporate nominee’, sponsored by Centrica and provided by Equiniti Financial Services Limited (Equiniti FS). It is a convenient way to manage your Centrica shares without a paper share certificate.
Your Centrica shares are held on your behalf by Equiniti Financial Services Limited, but you remain the beneficial owner of the shares. Your share account details will be held on a separate register and you will receive a statement when you join FlexiShare and a statement at least once every twelve months as long as Equiniti FS continues to hold shares or cash on your behalf in relation to your FlexiShare holding. The number of shares held in FlexiShare is set out in your FlexiShare statement or can be found online by registering for a Shareview Portfolio.
There are no charges for joining or holding your shares within FlexiShare or for leaving the service.
By transferring your shares into FlexiShare you will benefit from:
- A statement issued at least once every twelve months, normally sent with your Annual General Meeting voting form at the end of March each year;
- A buy or sell facility - FlexiShare participants can buy or sell at favourable commission rates with appointed providers;
- The scrip dividend programme – instead of receiving a cash dividend you can elect to receive new shares equivalent to the value of your cash dividend, completely free of charge. These new shares will then be credited to your FlexiShare account;
- Quicker settlement periods;
- No paper certificates to lose;
- Your details will be held on a separate register, which is not open to public inspection.
To transfer all or some certificated shares into FlexiShare, complete and return the FlexiShare Transfer Form available by visiting My Investments in your Shareview Portfolio and clicking on your certificated Centrica shares, or by contacting the shareholder helpline.
You will receive confirmation that you have joined FlexiShare soon after the transfer of your shares has been completed. The transfer will also show on your next FlexiShare statement.
If you have lost or misplaced your share certificate(s), you will need to complete and sign the indemnity on the reverse of the FlexiShare Transfer Form. There is no charge to you for the indemnity. If you subsequently locate your missing certificate(s), you must send it immediately to Equiniti for cancellation.
You can keep track of your Centrica shareholding online by registering for a Shareview Portfolio or by calling the shareholder helpline.
Following your opening statement, you will not receive written confirmation of any further completed transfers. Instead transfers will appear on your next FlexiShare statement. If you buy or sell shares, the appointed broker will provide you with a contract note as confirmation of the deal.
View FlexiShare Terms and Conditions
More information regarding FlexiShare can be found in our Shareholder FAQs.