- Gas supply
- Electricity supply
What we do
Our Energy Supply & Services, Distributed Energy & Power and Energy Marketing & Trading businesses are organised into a global customer-facing division, Centrica Business, designed to support the needs of the business customer.
- UK Business - suppling energy and services to a diverse range of business customers in the UK under the British Gas brand. We use a range of products tailored to meet their differing needs and help them more effectively manage their energy consumption and costs.
- Distributed Energy & Power - providing large energy users with the ability to use energy more intelligently, giving them the tools to generate and manage their energy usage. Under the Centrica Business Solutions banner, we help businesses to improve performance, strengthen resilience, and create opportunities for growth. We also own and operate a fleet of flexible power plants and are investing in a series of new distributed generation and energy storage facilities.
- North America Business - supplying competitive and reliable electricity and natural gas commodity and energy services to retail and wholesale customers under the Direct Energy brand, across the United States and Canada
- Energy Marketing & Trading - providing risk management and wholesale market access for the Group, building on strong cross-commodity trading capabilities and a global presence in LNG. Through Neas Energy, we provide hedging and optimisation strategies, as well as a route to market, for customers with decentralised generation assets.
- Central Power Generation - we hold a 20% interest in eight nuclear power stations in the UK.
At Centrica Business, we aim to be the partner that our business customers will turn to for advice on how best to manage their energy needs.
Our business strategy framework
Our business strategy framework is built around five pillars – energy supply, wholesale energy, energy insight, energy optimisation and energy solutions.
- Trading partner
- Energy commodities & risk products
- Central Power Generation
- Energy resource management & monitoring
- Operational insights from energy data
- Preventative maintenance
- Asset optimisation
- Aggregation and optimisation of distributed energy resources ('VPP')
- Access to energy, capacity & flexibility markets
- Multi-technology solutions
- Design, install, maintain & service
- Business services